Fashion is the most obvious and personal form of self-expression. It announces to the world how we feel about ourselves. This is important to keep in mind, regardless of age, shape or size.
Dressing ourselves can be an extension of our mood-Feeling sassy? Feeling dramatic? Feeling powerful? Even as little girls most of us played dress up or dressed our dolls as an expression of whom we were and our moods at that time.
Fashion is art! That fabulous dress is the cumulative effort of a textile artist, clothing designer, pattern maker and craftsman.
New clothes are fun! It is funny how we can’t wait to wear that fabulous new outfit or piece of jewelry. It must be partly because looking good on the outside helps us feel better on the inside.
We so appreciate our customers who, with all of your “shopping choices”, choose to spend their time and money with us! We thought we would share a few interesting facts about “where you shop”
The Clothes Gallery is the manifestation of our dream, our dedication and our hard work, not simply a business venture.
The Clothes Gallery is focused on “YOUR” tastes and style. The merchandise is selected personally, with “YOU” in mind.
Besides helping you look and feel fabulous, here is the impact of your Clothes Gallery purchase:
For every $100 spent at The Clothes Gallery, $68 stays in the community. Of that same $100 spent at a large chain store, $43 stays in the community. Finally, $100 spent online, $0 stays local!
Lastly, a healthy, thriving “downtown shopping district” creates a sense of community, offers a central gathering place, and helps support all of Crystal Lake’s property values.
Sounds simple enough, but here are a few tips to help you not
only enjoy your shopping experience, but help build a better wardrobe!
1. Take your time, this is important.
2. Try on everything that catches your eye. First of all, clothes look completely different on a hanger than they do on a body, you’ll never know how it really looks on you until you try. Secondly, we all have a rather narrow vision of what looks good, this will help expand and update your own personal style
3. Don’t wait until you have to shop. Who needs the pressure of “I need an outfit for tonight”. So much better when you have several favorite pieces to choose from than to go thru the “I have nothing to wear” drama!
4. Shop alone…….no wait, shop with a friend. This one is personal. Sometimes a valued friend can give you great insight, or sometime they can stop you from buying that fabulous new look. You’ll have to figure this one out for yourself.
Stripes are all over the spring summer fashion runways.No longer just the classic navy and white nautical look, stripes are being shown in everything from play-wear to evening wear. Stripes look terrific in woven shirts (a big trend), soft jackets, dresses and flowy pants.
Here are a few new ways to bring stripes into your look:
- Vertical stripes in shirts and long dresses are very flattering.
- Mixing stripes of different colors.
- Accenting stripes with floral prints (as in the picture above)
- Go bold with brights or be subtle in soft neutrals.
- Asymmetric or zig zag patterns
The wonderful sales staff at Clothes Gallery can help you incorporate this year’s stripe trend in your Spring/Summer wardrobe!