A great way to add a little sex appeal to your look is to reveal a little skin, and today’s “cold shoulder” look is a wonderfully modest way to “show off” a little. As opposed to cleavage, miniskirts, or bare midriffs, this is an easy look that everyone can wear.
Versatile and great looking, this look is as appropriate at the grocery store as it is for a night out on the town. These tops can be paired with skinny jeans, your new wide leg “flowing” pants or with your favorite long skirt. The cold shoulder is also making it’s way into some fabulous spring dress collections.
Available in colorful prints, bold solid colors and the always fabulous black, come on in and see how this look will work for you.
We all have stood in front of our closet full of clothes, coming to the realization that we have “nothing to wear”!
Here are a few tips on building a great wardrobe:
1. Clean out your closet by getting rid of everything that does not fit or things you have not worn in over a year
2. Looking at what is left, you can identify your “theme”. Favorite colors, most flattering shapes, your “wardrobe lifestyle”.
3. Make your “most wanted list” of key items you need to fill in.
4. Quality “investment pieces”, such as great fitting black pants, will work season after season
5. Pick up only the “trends” that you are a comfortable with. Trends are fun, but not if they sit in your closet.
(Pictured above is a French Connection lightweight sweater that works perfect for Spring and would be easy to dress up or down.)
This season, prints are everywhere, and a great way to spice up your look! When you reach in your closet and pull out a floral top to wear to a lunch date with your BFF, you know you are in a cheery mood! Get it -prints reflect your mood and personality. To follow are a few top print trends for Spring 2014.
Graphic – Modern and clean, these are best in black and white. A perfect backdrop for trendy shots of color in everything from shoes to nail polish!
Fun Floral – Dressy of casual, bright or tonal, this timeless look is always pretty and feminine. Best in dresses and soft easy tops.
Tribal – One of this season’s most notable trends, these ethnic, bohemian prints are placed on everything from tops, dresses, and soft flowing pants.
Save the flashing lights and tinsel for the tree! From having “nothing to wear” to going “over the top” with that fabulous, cropped, printed, sequin halter top with matching jeans, here are a few simple but very helpful tips on how to look your best on New Year’s:
1. Too much glitz – A touch of glitz is great! It defines special occasion, but too much goes from hot to not! Embellishment on clothing is best on basic colors, and be sure that the embellishment is scaled to your figure. Try bringing in the glitz with a great sequined bag or shoes (ruby red slippers work for some).
2. Too much skin – Subtle is always best, and “suggestion” is far sexier than “here it is!” Accentuate your best features! Try a lace top under a jacket to showcase that terrific cleavage, a slim skirt with a short slit to highlight those great legs.
3. Something other than that “little black dress”? Red, gold or bright bold prints work well in the evening!
Stacking bracelets is a fun way to express your personal style. Take for instance this picture of “Bud to Rose” bracelets. The bracelets are a combination of edgy and feminine. Maybe you like to mix your metals-silver and gold together is beautiful and modern. Add color for a seasonal (or outfit enhancing) effect. Vary the sizes and shapes to make your statement interesting, and add some personal pieces like birthstones, initials, or meaningful charms to complete your look.
The Clothes Gallery has a lot of stacking options:Bud to Rose, Alex and Ani, Brighton, and Chamilia.
Sheer fashion remains a statement for Fall 2013. This trend breaks the rules of conservatism, but to what degree? How this sensual trend fits into your wardrobe is dictated only by your comfort level.
Sheerness is the perfect way to dress up that little black dress, whether it is with a sheer cover up, or sheer sleeves to give the illusion of coverage. “Peek a boo” layers are a way to reveal just enough, for a hint of sexy, without exposing too much. Of course this trend may not be office appropriate, but for a night out “a sheer statement” will surely get you noticed.
As the leaves change in autumn, we look forward to our change in wardrobe to accommodate the brisk days ahead. The fashion palette for fall 2013 is a vibrant mix of jewel tones (rich colors that resemble gemstones such as emeralds, rubies, and sapphires). These jewel colors work beautifully off this falls neutrals of black, grey, brown, and off-white.
A classic black and white houndstooth for fall accented with sapphire gives a twist to a menswear inspired fabric. Emerald green, named the top color of 2013, when accompanied by black sheer netting is the perfect combination of sophistication and style. So be confident with bold shots of color, they will brighten your fall look (and maybe even your outlook)!
The fall runways have been all about leather. Leather pants, dresses, skirts and jackets are topping many “must have” lists. The reason leather is being so well accepted by the fashion industry is the technical upgrades to the fabric that have occurred. Leather today is softer and lighter, and priced much more affordably than years past.
A new edge to using leather is combining it with dissimilar fabrics like Ponte or mesh. This newness in combining fabrics gives the garments more ability to fit and flatter. Want to feel a bit “edgy”? Adding studs or stones to leather has been around since before James Dean’s time. Now this “bad boy” look is considered “fashion” for both men and women alike!